A note from the QuantAQ team.
2023 was a busy year for those of us in the air quality world and re-amplified the impacts of climate change into the forefront of our minds. Wildfire smoke across the eastern US led to more dangerous air days in two months than in the past two decades combined. Five years ago, we formed the company with a mission to become the world’s air quality data of record and to help ensure actionable air quality information is accessible to all. While we have made substantial progress toward meeting this goal, there is always more work to be done.
We are fortunate to work with some of the top academics, research organizations, and a community of air quality enthusiasts who are largely the ones to advance the science and put in the work. Together, they spend hours working hand-in-hand with community groups, regulators, and industry partners to ensure the air is safe to breathe. We’re proud they chose our technology and platform to perform this important work. It is our job to continue to provide the best-in-class measurement technology and data platform and to continuously improve to ensure our customers always have the best technology available.
Highlights from the year
We’re incredibly proud of the progress we’ve made over the past year and wanted to share a snapshot with our community:
- Customers continued to choose our sensors: we grew our fleet of MODULAIR and MODULAIR-PM sensors which are now deployed in 19 countries on all 7 continents, and in more than 30 states across the United States
- Our customers collected more than 1.7B new air quality measurements across the world
- We launched new features to make collaboration easier including our introduction of Organizations and Networks
- We improved our infrastructure and implemented new security features for customers such as Multi-Factor Authentication
- We continued to uphold our commitment to data security by maintaining our SOC 2 Type II compliance
- We grew our team by more than 100% to ensure we have the human resources to support our customers and continue innovating
- We engaged with you, our community, at more than fifteen conferences and speaking engagements across North America and Europe
While 2023 was our most productive year to date, we don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon. A snapshot of things to look forward to in 2024 includes:
- Revamped MODULAIR and MODULAIR-PM sensors that are more robust and easier to install
- An improved Solar Power System with improved data and analytics
- New QuantAQ Cloud features beginning with data-driven alerts
- Improved ways to share data and information with outside stakeholders
- Improved maps and data visualization features
- A revamped customer support process that builds on all that we’ve learned over the past several years and provides more customer insight into the status and process of tickets
- More reliable gas-phase data measurements for NO and NO2 based on years of new learnings
We’re ending the year clear-eyed about the challenges ahead: A warming, urbanizing planet will bring even more complex air quality challenges. But we’re geared up to keep empowering organizations with accurate, accessible, and easy solutions to take the first step: Knowing what’s in your air.
Here’s to all we did together in 2023 - we look forward to working together in 2024.